Re: [Xen-users] Bridging works fine under KVM but not Xen

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "expected" means that vif3.X-emu remained and the device you saw in
> guest was now emulated rather than PV. (you can inspect which with
> ethtool -i <dev>)

Correct, both the -emu interface was there and the guest OS was using
the e1000 module instead of the vif module.

>> > I think now is a good time for you to post your guest dmesg logs. It
>> > will probably also be useful to see the output of "xenstore-ls -fp".
>>
>> xenstore-ls -fp: http://pastebin.com/phJ023vZ
>> dmesg from guest (back with pvhvm config): http://pastebin.com/5tQ220B2
>
> Those show that the device is being detect and is connected (state = 4
> in xenstore) according to both the front and backends.

Correct, the device in the guest is up/running and seeing all the arp
traffic when I do a tcpdump. I can also ping the host machine, I just
can't ping past it.

> What is the physical NIC in the host?

Cisco VIC running on a blade in a USC chassis.

> It might be worth playing with disabling the various offloads
> (scatter-gather, tx-/rx-checksum, tso, gso, gro etc) on the various
> devices. The settings can be inspected with "ethtool -k <dev>" and set
> with "ethtool -K <dev> <thing> off". Device worth trying this on are the
> physical NIC (eth* in the dom0) the vif devices in dom0 and the eth* in
> domU.
>
> I'd start by turning them all off everywhere (including the bridge for
> good measure) and if that works then trying various subsets to narrow it
> down.

Ran it on eth0 and xenbr0 on the host machine and on eth0 on the guest
OS w/no change in the results.