Re: [Xen-users] Guest domain cannot connect to outside network

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your reply!

> Inside dom0, its Gateway is 158.130.50.1, Its DHCP is 158.130.21.22;
> dom0 can NOT pinig 10.0.50.253.
>

> Right now, I'm thinking if the Gateway 10.0.50.1 really exist? It
> seems that the ip address automatically assigned to the domU is
> incorrect.

Perhaps 10.0.50.1 is simply configured to not respond to pings?

If the gateway came from your IT departments infrastructure and you
believe it to be wrong then I think you need to speak to them about it.

In my understanding, 10.0.50.1 should be a inner-network which are unseen from outside network. In addition, the 10.0.50.1 only appears in DomU after the DomU is created.
Is it possible that when Xen create a DomU, it uses a gateway which does NOT exist in dom0 and thus cause an invalid gateway?

Thank you very much!

Meng