Re: [Xen-users] pv-grub installation problem

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 13:44 +0200, Aastha Mehta wrote:
> I tried few grub commands, but it doesn't find any of the files,
> devices, anything. What you hinted at may be true - that the config
> file is not being read at all. I will investigate from that point.

I just booted and at the grubdom prompt tried the "menu (hd" command and
tab, which said:

        grubdom> root (hd

         Possible disks are:  hd0 hd1

so I tried hd0:
        grubdom> root (hd0)

         Filesystem type unknown, using whole disk

No good. So I tried hd1:
        grubdom> root (hd1)

         Filesystem type is ext2fs, using whole disk

This is using
        disk        = [
                          'phy:/dev/cam-st16/debian.guest.osstest-disk,xvda2,w',
                          'phy:/dev/cam-st16/debian.guest.osstest-swap,xvda1,w',
                      ]

I think what has happened is that xvda1 => hd0 and xvda2 => hd1.

My guest is setup for booting from a dom0 kernel, so my /boot is empty,
so I can't go much further, but perhaps this will help you make
progress.

Ian.