Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 14:16:57, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 06/04/2014 02:14 PM, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > So I take it that the Wiki (release tags, build instructions) are
> > all up-to-date to be used with Xen 4.4.0? I'd have to connect my
> > debugger to the board and see what's going on... :/
>
> Honestly I didn't try to boot Xen on the vexpress for 6 months now.
> Xen may have been broken since this date.
>
> Did you try to enable early printk?

Yes it helped and I got a bit further, but had to make the following
changes:

  - Move the u-boot tag to v2013.10 (rather than the RC), as Xen
    complained that it must enter the CPU in NS Hyp mode. Clearly RC
    wasn't doing that.

  - Xen was attempting to bring up CPU 2 and stalling there. But I
    believe the idea was to leave A7s in reset and use only 2 A15s. So I
    had to remove the Cortex A7 CPUs from the Linux DTS, and use the DTB
    from there

With those changes, I see Xen going further but hits a data abort. Logs
attached; I'll see if I can dig further.

Meanwhile, if you think the changes I made as above are valid, could you
update the Wiki to reflect them?

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782