Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:27:11, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 11:17 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 15:51:09, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > The error messages suggest to me that you are missing some key
> > > piece of generic infrastructure, like perhaps /dev/pts.
> > >
> > > I'd strongly recommend you find a way to run udev on this platform
> > > so that it can sort out the content of /dev for you (this was the
> > > cause of all the missing device nodes which you tripped over
> > > earlier too).
> >
> > Um, starting udev (via. /etc/init.d/udev start) effectively wipes
> > out the /dev/ directory contents, barring few! I can't find any udev
> > logs, despite changing log level to debug.
>
> http://community.arm.com/groups/processors/blog/2014/03/28/virtualization-on-arm-with-xen
>  has an example initscript in it which seems to suggest that
>         mount -t devtmpfs dev /dev
>         /sbin/udevd --daemon
>         udevadm trigger --action=add
> should do the right thing (I was advising Andrew when he wrote that
> and it sounds familiar to me to). If you are going to skip the usual
> /sbin/init based setup then I would recommend you use something akin
> to the init.sh proposed in that blog post (it doesn't look like it is
> terribly openSUSE specific, but YMMV).

Thanks. It looks like that helped. The VM creation no more prints any
error (about creating terminals, previously) when it returns the shell
prompt. 'xl list' lists a guest by name 'guest'. However, when I execute
'xl console guest', the command goes dead; there are no verbose logs
even if I pass -vvv to xl.

It's almost the same effect if I run the command 'xl -vvv create
guest.cfg -c', that it appears stuck and doesn't return prompt.

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782