Re: [Xen-users] Help with VGA passthrough

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Menges <bmenges@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:33:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:34:55 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=january; d=gogrid.com; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Date:Message-ID:References:In-Reply-To:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:x-originating-ip:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; b=lt4hBjoeGK+u9WCA/p8KWXoiPHAgEOORsJEedxO1LyU5ZnoFfgT78+DJe1Kjd1eurf2Roh3gEAZKqerMHOcElKuCRbxtlbjWGuSRQln2/jrFjnMcrRlVxxZ1zaLAq/oA;

So FINALLY after a lot of frustration, it all came down to a damn cable.

I was using a DVI-DisplayPort cable, which apparently this graphics card
doesn't handle well. I also was trying HDMI without enabling (odd... I thought
it would enable all on its own if it was the only thing plugged in).

Long story short, Finally while reluctantly trying a straight through DVI
cable, things worked, and I was able to get over to an HDMI-DVI cable which
suits my needs.

Thanks for everyone's help.

- Brian Menges
Principal Engineer, DevOps
GoGrid | ServePath | ColoServe | UpStream Networks