[Xen-users] omap5 EVM unable to boot domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: John Paul Walters <jpnwalters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:57:32 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:58:59 +0000

Hi,

I was able to get dom0 booting on an omap5 EVM according to the
instructions posted here:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/OMAP5432_uEVM

I'm now trying to get a guest domU to boot, but so far I haven't had
any luck.  I'm using an Obuntu 14.04  ARMv7 image along with the dom0
kernel that I boot with.  I'm using the following guest configuration:

kernel = "/root/test_vm/zImage"
   memory = "128"
   name = "domU"
   vcpus = 1
   serial="pty"
   extra = 'earlyprintk=xenboot console=hvc0 root=/dev/xvda debug rw
init=/bin/sh'
   disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop1,xvda,w' ]

When I boot the VM, I don't receive any error messages, but I also
don't have a guest console that prints anything.  After a second or
two, xentop reports that the guest is consuming 100% of a cpu
constantly.  The pastebin below includes the full output of xl -vvv
domu_test. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look next?

http://pastebin.com/vL4FksTn

best,
JP