Re: [Xen-users] Arch linux PV guest won't boot

>Which version of Xen are you using?

4.4

I've made a bit of progress.  I'm not 100% sure why the log files were
zero bytes previously, though I just increased the memory for dom0
since dmesg showed it was running out and killing processes.  In
anycase, here is what I'm getting in /var/log/xen/bootloader.XX.log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/xen/bin/pygrub", line 886, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel"
RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel

Now I tried editing the vm conf file to use xvda.  But no matter xvda
or hda I get the same error message above.

When during the loading/booting process is that error thrown?  Is Xen
even finding my grub file?
If it is finding the grub file is there a chance I'm not using the
right UUID?  Below is grub.cfg and what I have in my /etc/fstab file.

Thanks.

root@archiso /mnt/boot/grub # cat grub.cfg
menuentry 'Arch GNU/Linux, with Linux core repo kernel' --class arch
--class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option
'gnulinux-core repo kernel-true-b0f4f817-984e-4863-8951-abd3a6bded4e'
{
        insmod gzio
        insmod part_msdos
        insmod ext2
        set root='hd0,msdos1'
        if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
          search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
--hint-bios=hd0,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos1
--hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos1  b0f4f817-984e-4863-8951-abd3a6bded4e
        else
          search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root
b0f4f817-984e-4863-8951-abd3a6bded4e
        fi
        echo    'Loading Linux core repo kernel ...'
        linux   /boot/vmlinuz-linux
root=UUID=b0f4f817-984e-4863-8951-abd3a6bded4e ro
        echo    'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
        initrd  /boot/initramfs-linux.img
}
root@archiso /mnt/boot/grub # cat /mnt/etc/fstab
#
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# /dev/mapper/arch-root
UUID=b0f4f817-984e-4863-8951-abd3a6bded4e       /               ext4
         rw,relatime,data=ordered        0 1

# /dev/mapper/arch-home
UUID=caaa2c09-2b2d-4b8e-b33d-69b122aaee81       /home           ext4
         rw,relatime,data=ordered        0 2