Re: [Xen-users] qemu-system-i386 processes

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 11:40 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> xl also uses qdisk for raw disk images instead of loop+blkback which
> xend used, because there are concerns that the loop driver can lead to
> data loss (by not implementing direct i/o the underlying device, and/or
> not handling flushes correct, my memory is a bit fuzzy).

I've since been corrected on this, in the thread at [0]. It seems likely
we'll be taking that patch for 4.6, but it ought to be reasonably easy
to apply to 4.5 at least, maybe to 4.4, too if you want to try it.

Ian.

[0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/224097