Re: [Xen-users] Build error: "unknown type name vmemrange_t"

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 06:01 -0700, E. Westbrook wrote:
> On 02/11/2015 04:36 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > If you just let Xen do it's thing then no separate qemu would be
> > required.
>
> That's my goal!  How does one do that?
>
> I actually thought that just adding no further options to to
> "./configure --prefix=/usr" and "make world" would be the normal way
> to let Xen do its thing.

Indeed it should be, and this is what I normally do. I'm afraid I can't
spot what is different in your environment.

Please can you go back to basics and post the full logs of your build
from the initial git clone (or tarball unpack) all the way through to
the failure, including all of the commands which you have run (e.g.
something like the log from a script(1) session).

> Has Xen become unable to sort out simply *having* a separate qemu
> installed on the build system?  Remember, it used to build fine here
> this way -- and I can't seem to find any documentation on how to have
> the Xen build disregard it.

Unless you pass --with-system-qemu to Xen's configure it should be
paying no attention to any system qemu, or indeed any pre-installed Xen
libraries (which looking back at the initial report may be the
underlying problem).

Ian.