Re: [Xen-users] compilation error: /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: cannot find -lblktap

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 07:34 +0100, Patrick Scharrenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have troubles building the latest xen release (tag: RELEASE-4.4.2) and
> I get the following error message:

I think you are building from git (rather than tarball), have you
previously used this same checkout to build other Xen branches?

If so then it may be that some of the sub-clones which Xen does at built
time are out of date.

The toplevel Makefile has various "foo-force-update" targets which you
could try, but if you have switched branches then that may not work. The
easiest thing is probably to do "find -type -d -name \*-dir-remote" and
blow away those subtrees, then they will be recloned on the next build
attempt.

Ian.