Re: [Xen-users] Make World Error Code 2

Hello,

> I'll have to have a think about how best to achieve this in the next
> stable release.

Same as before, I've removed the whole source from disk, git cloned the 4.5-stable branch, and changed the same line 258 from Config.mk at the root of xen, but this time, instead, I used the e5f43384be5cf5983f03e3f4c1cb7bbeaba2af3f, making the mentioned line to be:

{/opt/xen/Config.mk}:Line 258
"
SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_REVISION ?= e5f43384be5cf5983f03e3f4c1cb7bbeaba2af3f
"

I'm not from the dev team, but that seems to work, the only other thing to notice is that right below that line there is a timestamp and a comment about the release being used, but that should be easily changed to whatever comment you might want to.

> That will get you the closest possible thing to the version of SeaBIOS
> released with Xen 4.5.x with that issue fixed.

Thanks Ian, I've got back to the UEFI booting problems, but I will send you another e-mail answering the previous e-mail within the correct subject for the sake of searchability and order.

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 08:08 -0300, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez
wrote:
> Here is the terminal output with the last two steps of the
> inverse bisect:
> commit e5f43384be5cf5983f03e3f4c1cb7bbeaba2af3f
> Author: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:Â ÂWed Dec 3 15:14:57 2014 +0100
>
>Â Â Âbuild: set LC_ALL=C
>
>Â Â ÂAvoids tools such as layoutrom stumble over localized messages.
>
>Â Â ÂSigned-off-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Â Â ÂTested-By: Patrick Georgi <pgeorgi@xxxxxxxxxx>

This seems to confirm that the LC_ALL trick I mentioned earlier in the
thread should have worked. I suppose something causes it not to for some
reason, very odd.

I'll have to have a think about how best to achieve this in the next
stable release.

In the meantime I'd suggest resetting tools/firmware/seabios-dir to
rel-1.7.4 and then
    git fetch git://git.seabios.org/seabios.git master
    git cherry-pick e5f43384be5cf5983f03e3f4c1cb7bbeaba2af3f

That will get you the closest possible thing to the version of SeaBIOS
released with Xen 4.5.x with that issue fixed.

Ian.

--
Gustavo