Re: [Xen-users] Issues Booting DomU on TI DRA72 Chip

On 07/08/2015 10:40 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

If the h/w CNTFRQ register is correct on all physical cpus (not just the
boot one, worth double checking that) then there is no need to have
anything in the device tree. So assuming you are letting xl generate the
guest dtb (instead of say appending it) you should be ok in this regard.

The specific device that I'm using only has one physical CPU, so the CNTFRQ register is definitely correctly initialized, as Dom0 is making it though its boot. I'm not doing anything special with regards to the device tree, so I assume that means xl should be generating it.

The specific device that I'm using only has one physical CPU, so the CNTFRQ register is definitely correctly initialized, as Dom0 is making it though its boot. I'm not doing anything special with regards to the device tree, so I assume that means xl should be generating it.

Next on my list would be the boot is working but the console is b0rked,
but you have console=hvc0 so that looks good. You do have the HVC stuff
enabled in the guest kernel's .config, right?

I'm using the same zImage as the Dom0 kernel, so the configuration settings are the same. I doubled checked, and all of the virtual console configuration settings are enabled.

Pressing Ctrl-o on a xen guest console is the equivalent of the magic
sysrq key, you might find pressing some of those might show what is
going on.

If I press the sysrq key combinations, while attached to the guest with "xl console", Dom0 responds with the appropriate message, but the DomU guest does not acknowledge the sysrq keys.

Otherwise I'm completely stumped. It's probably worth going back to the
data sheet and making sure everything matches in the DTS, in particular
for virtulisation extension related things which might not be used by
native Linux (e,g, the vtimer interrupt SPI number etc), but really
that's getting a bit desperate.

Ian.