Re: [Xen-users] DHCP / Ubuntu

Hi all,

Many thanks. I'm not actually sure why I was using routed networking for this node, as I'm issuing addresses from 192.168.1.x whilst the host is on a real IP.

I now have DHCP working with dnsmasq, and am working on getting a NFS root partition working.... which rather than thread-jacking myself, I'll discuss on a new thread.

Phil

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-07-09 at 11:12 +0100, Phil Lello wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to confugre DHCP on Dom0 to server up addresses to DomU,
> using routed networking

Normally routed networking[0] would imply no bridge, but rather some
routing/firewall(NAT) tables in domain 0.

In particular vif-route won't put any virtual interfaces onto the
bridge, because it assumes things will be routed.

Perhaps you are trying to build a "brouter"[1]? I don't know much about
this configuration or how it is supposed to work, but I do notice that
the document linked from [1] at [2] uses vif-bridge not vif-route (I'd
recommend ignoring the xend specfic network-* scripting there and
setting it up via the distro mechanisms such
as /etc/default/interfaces).

HTH,

Ian.

[0] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Network_Configuration_Examples_%28Xen_4.1%2B%29#Routing