Re: [Xen-users] PV DomU can't access disk from storage driver domain

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Roger Pau Monnà <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El 22/09/15 a les 16.42, Alex Velazquez ha escrit:
>>> Yes, this is a bug in the current devd implementation. I'm preparing a
>>> patch to solve it, but in the meantime you can workaround this by using
>>> pygrub instead of pvgrub.
>>>
>>> Roger.
>>>

>> Great, I can confirm that using pygrub instead of pvgrub to boot the
>> client works. Looking forward to the patch.
>
> Hello,
>
> I've posted the patches to xen-devel, since you are in the Cc list you
> should have received a copy, but in any case patches are also on the
> mailing list archives:
>
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-09/msg02827.html
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-09/msg02829.html
>
> You will need to recompile the tools in both the driver domain and Dom0.
> Can you give them a spin to see if they solve your issues?
>
> Thanks, Roger.

Hi Roger,

I just applied the patches and recompiled. Seems to have solved the
problem! I booted the client using pvgrub, it sees the disk and
finishes booting normally, and then it can read/write just fine.

Thanks again for your help,
Alex