Re: [Xen-users] status of guest/DomU UEFI + Grub support in Xen 4.6.1?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: suse.dev@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:11:16 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 23:12:12 +0000

fwiw, ot straightened out at #systmed

        systemd-boot is only aware of the filesystem that EFI lets it see so
all paths are rooted at the EFI system partition

        if you mount it at /boot/efi on Linux, then
/boot/efi/EFI/arch/vmlinuz-linux.efi corresponds to "linux
\EFI\arch\vmlinuz-linux.efi"

So I changed

         edit /boot/efi/loader/entries/arch.conf
          title   Arch
-         linux   vmlinuz-linux
-         initrd  initramfs-linux.img
+         linux   EFI/arch/vmlinuz-linux
+         initrd  EFI/arch/initramfs-linux.img
          options root=LABEL=ROOT resume=LABEL=SWAP rw

Now, the EFI Guest boots using Xen OVMF-bios!

I can login at VNC console, but networking's dead, and I've created a problem
by booting by disk-label, there seems to be a collision.  I'm pretty sure
that's a separate problem.