Re: [Xen-users] Xen host guest bridging transparency issue

I am using multiple public IP addresses through the bridge.  I am using ebtables as my firewall.  xenbr1 is my internal LAN 192.168.1.1.  People from the outside should not be passing anything through my internal private network. It is used strictly for server to server communication.

I found my problem in the ARP settings.  If I turn off the arp off for p6p1 and pass a few arp commands via sysctl it does the trick.

I am not sure what combination of commands are optimum but for now it works.

Thanks for your input on this.  It is hard to describe a problem let alone diagnose it with limited information.  I wish there was more documentation on how to work around issues like this.

Once I have a better handle on it, I will blog it. ;)

Thanks,

Mike

PS. I am re-sending this message because I have a bad habit of not doing the reply all button.