[Xen-users] Serial console does not set correctly

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: tutu sky <ooohooo_u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 21:45:13 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 21:55:49 +0000

Hi.
after making a serial port in vmware and try monitor by it through puTTy in
windows host, I'm trying to set a serial console for monitoring Xen and dom0
(which are installed on vmware too) according to this link:
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/XenSerialConsole
this is some relevant lines of my /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=60
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all com1=115200,8n1,0x3e8,5
console=com1,vga"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="find_preseed=/preseed.cfg auto noprompt priority=critical
locale=en_US console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen"
GRUB_TERMINAL="console serial"
GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND="serial --speed=115200 --unit=1 --word=8 --parity=no
--stop=1"

but when starting virtual machine while it is connected to puTTy, i get the
following on screen and then start lighting caps lock and scroll lock on
keyboard (actually a sign of kernel panic):

for troubleshooting look at this link:
https://www.ndchost.com/wiki/vps/xen-console-no-login
and lots of others too. i did as they suggested, even add the hvc0.conf file,
but nothing has changed.
is there some one to give me a clue? i really need to set this because of some
development purposes.

(I choose vmware because it seems powerful enough to make a serial port with
and also actual serial port usage is not possible for me, there is not another
PC)
Thanks and regards.