Re: [Xen-users] Xen and OS X.

On Monday, July 25, 2016 3:57 PM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn <ahferroin7@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2016-07-24 07:52, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I want to know if VirtualBox is based on Xenve seen nothing to say it can't
>
> Is it ? I don't know whether it is or not - but "based on" is not the same as
> "the same as"
Virtualbox is primarily based on the x86 emulation in QEMU, with a
different hardware acceleration back-end.  It provides full system
virtulization with the option to use paravirtulized drivers (originally
VirtIO based, IIRC it now also offers Hyper-V, VMWare, and a couple of
other compatibility modes).  The only similarity with Xen is in the
device emulation code.

>> then why Xen Project can't install it?
>
> I've seen nothing that says Xen can't run it. In principle it should be able
> to run it, but bear in mind that OS X has mechanisms built in to make such
> operations difficult. I suggest you search for a howto on building a
> Hackintosh and you'll see the steps needed - because I assume you'll need to
> use exactly the same steps to get OS X running under Xen.
Officially, OS X only supports running in a VM when run under an Apple
sanctioned hypervisor on Apple hardware.  IIRC, VMWare and Parallels are
the only type-1 hypervisors officially sanctioned by Apple.  I think I
heard a while back of some people successfully running the server
version of OS X as a HVM domain on Xen on an Apple server system, but I
don't remember where I heard that, or what all was involved in achieving

that.

It is odd :(. ESXi can support OS X and I guess Citrix and Xen must support it.
It is true OS X useless OS but support it is a good option.