Re: [Xen-users] How could I find memory hogging process in Dom0?

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christopher Myers <cmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:24:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 10:20 -0400, Phil Susi wrote:
On 3/23/2018 1:00 AM, Minjun Hong wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Christopher and Phil.
I also know that it is better to use the free memory as cache for file
backed data or buffer rather than just leave it unused as you mentioned.

However, this is happening all the time, even if I reboot the machines.
And it causes performance degradation of B. So I need to find some way to
resolve this problem.

The cache isn't causing a performance degradation, but it may be another
symptom of what is.  You may have a process doing a lot of disk IO, such
as an updatedb on a very large filesystem.  That would fill the cache
with data and reduce the IO available to other tasks.  Take a look at iotop.

You may also try the program "xentop" from your dom0.

Chris