Re: [Xen-users] Xen hypervisor and HDDs with 4K sectors

Peter Milesson <miles@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your input. That's the point. I have seen a few posts that the
> advanced disk format using 4K sectors is not compatible with Xen.
> RedHat/CentOS (which I'm planning to use) has got support from ver. 6.1. I'm
> planning to use a HPE server, and there is no information whether they supply
> 4K disks, except in a few cases, which are 512e (4K disks emulating the
> classic sector size of 512 bytes). One may assume, that a manufacturer like
> HP isn't supplying ancient technology, but better safe than sorry.

Ah, I see now where you're coming from.
Given the amount you are planning to spend, can't your HPE account manager
either get the information or arrange some lab time to find out ? Ah no, silly
question, they'll probably consider that "back of the sofa" small change :-(