Re: [Xen-users] Load Xen domU (guest) kernel over TFTP

On 01/02/2020 12:04, pierre-philipp braun wrote:
However, I am not entirely sure how this would solve the problem here.
Even if you manage to pack the two kernels, how do you pass it to the
guest?

I am sorry, I misread the original post.  I though it was a matter of

EFI, GRUB, U-boot, are able to deal with Xen on Arm out-of-the-box with more or less pain :).

For EFI, this is the same as for x86, i.e you write a configuration file specifying where all your modules resides.

For GRUB, recent versions are able to deal with the Xen on Arm multiboot protocol. The commands to load Xen/Linux... are the same as for x86. For older version, you could chainload Xen and use the same configuration file as for EFI.

For U-boot, there is no direct support for Xen on Arm mutiboot. But you could write you own script to load all the modules and generate the multiboot nodes. This is a bit of a pain, although we provide some example on the wiki and Stefano Stabellini has been working on a tool to generate everything for you. More recent version of U-boot are able to load EFI application. So you could load GRUB as an EFI app making U-boot nicer to use.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall