Re: xen domu problems

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 08:52:57 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 08:53:15 +0000

Hi Bill,

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 12:21:40AM -0800, Bill MacAllister wrote:
> It is something I am not getting correct in the hypervisor
> configuration.  I could really use some suggestions for things to
> try.

Did you read Manfred's answer? It is correct as far as I can see:
your kernel and initrd probably don't exist in the *host* (dom0).

You should consider using a bootloader like pvgrub2 or pygrub so
that you can use the boot configuration of the domU.

Note that from 20.04, Ubuntu switched to LZ4-compressed kernels and
unless you have a very recent version of Xen it won't be able to
decompress these for direct kernel boot. From Ubuntu 20.04 you can
use PVH mode and pvhgrub on any version of Xen that supports PVH
mode.

Cheers,
Andy