Re: [MirageOS-devel] vchan/xenstore in Qubes r3

On 21 Jun 2014, at 11:45, David Scott <scott.dj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like the idea of running separate xenstore databases per VM, since there's
> no need for guest VMs to be able to see any of each other's stuff. The only
> tricky bit is any shared backends would have to talk to multiple xenstores,
> and a lot of code has the assumption of a single xenstore built-in.

I guess this comes down the semantics of a distributed Xenstore and how to
weakening the consistency exposed to VMs under the guise of transactions.  Not
using a big Xenstore and shifting to a process-per-VM is also the model that
Bromium's vSentry adopts for their microvirtualization, if I remember Ian's
XenSummit talk right.