Re: [MirageOS-devel] ipv4 configuration overhauls & dhcp client adjustments

On 4 November 2016 at 00:16, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> These changes have been merged! Thanks for all of you who helped out,
> particularly Drup and Hannes who provided a lot of helpful code review and
> feedback.  Also, many thanks to haesbaert, as charrua-core was a dream to
> work with -- charrua-client is very small, and over half of it is tests. :)

Oh that made my day \o/.

Would you like to merge that into charrua-core ?
I can give you commit access too.

I've been wanting to rename charrua-core to charrua-dhcp, then it could provide
both Dhcp_server and Dhcp_client.

> This patchset triggered Travis-CI build #1000 of mirage/mirage, which
> incidentally was a passing set of tests :D
> https://travis-ci.org/mirage/mirage/builds/173067558
>
> (It was also very rewarding for me, as it touched a part of the MirageOS
> codebase that was responsible for my original involvement in the project.  I
> got to resolve the first TODO generated from my feedback, along with some
> others!)
>
> There are a few TODOs open on charrua-client if anyone is interested in
> continuing this work.  I'd be particularly interested in seeing a patch for
> lease renewal, which the package and corresponding entry in mirage-types-lwt
> is (hopefully) architected to allow but is currently unimplemented. :)

Oh that's amde my day