Re: [Publicity] Blog post: interview with Gentoo pkg maintainer

On 10 Jan 2014, at 13:58, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On ven, 2014-01-10 at 11:26 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
>> Dario, that paints us in quite a bad light ... (or maybe I am just
>> tired)
>>
> Well, to a certain extent, I agree... At least no one can say we don't
> chase and value feedback. :-)
>
> I think something of what he says is a bit exaggerated, or even
> incorrect (test system testing "just python stuff" ? :-O), but that's
> his feeling and personal experience, and there's very few we can do
> about that.
>
> OTOH, some other points are valid (despite being put in a very direct
> form), and not that different from what we got from other maintainers.
> For those points, I think it's important to show that we valued the
> feedback and that we're down to try to improve the situation... That's
> what I tried to do in the introduction (and I can try to make this more
> evident there, if you think that's needed).

I think that's a great attitude to have, particularly given the rocky
history of Xen packages through the years.  Perhaps a short editor note
at the end rather as well, with what we're doing to address some the
upstream concerns might be appropriate, to end the interview on a
positive note?

-a