Re: [Publicity] Blog post: interview with Gentoo pkg maintainer

On ven, 2014-01-10 at 14:02 +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2014, at 13:58, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On ven, 2014-01-10 at 11:26 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> >> Dario, that paints us in quite a bad light ... (or maybe I am just
> >> tired)
> >>
> > Well, to a certain extent, I agree... At least no one can say we don't
> > chase and value feedback. :-)
> >
> > I think something of what he says is a bit exaggerated, or even
> > incorrect (test system testing "just python stuff" ? :-O), but that's
> > his feeling and personal experience, and there's very few we can do
> > about that.
> >
> > OTOH, some other points are valid (despite being put in a very direct
> > form), and not that different from what we got from other maintainers.
> > For those points, I think it's important to show that we valued the
> > feedback and that we're down to try to improve the situation... That's
> > what I tried to do in the introduction (and I can try to make this more
> > evident there, if you think that's needed).
>
> I think that's a great attitude to have, particularly given the rocky
> history of Xen packages through the years.  Perhaps a short editor note
> at the end rather as well, with what we're doing to address some the
> upstream concerns might be appropriate, to end the interview on a
> positive note?

FYI, I spoke with Lars and, today, I'm publishing a quick announcement
of Xen talk being given at next FOSDEM (nothing yet about the demos).

We'll send this piece out next week, after it got a bit more review and
refinement.

Thanks everyone and Regards,
Dario