Re: [Publicity] Xen Booth and Talks @ FOSDEM - draft schedule for your review

Tamas, Robert, Mihai,

> are we going to have a monitor/projector available at the booth
I wasn't originally planning to bring a monitor due to difficult logistics and
it is too late to have one shipped (and it costs more to ship it and back). I
already need to get the booth and boxes of T-Shirts from the hotel to the event
venue, which is always a nightmare at FOSDEM. I could just buy one in Brusseles
and bring it back, but will need to check whether I can expense it (I can get
one for 150 Euro's) and whether I can find one on Thursday evening.

FOSDEM is fairly low key and there is no way to secure any equipment. Most
booths only hand out (or sell) T-Shirts. Remember: It is an entirely community
organised event, with no event logistics support. But it is probably the
largest FOSS event in the world in terms of attendees.

In the past we never had a problem attracting a crowd: we always had a pretty
decent crowd at our booth.

Regards
Lars

On 27 Jan 2015, at 15:06, Tamas K Lengyel <tamas.lengyel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Lars,
> beside power, are we going to have a monitor/projector available at
> the booth? I'm expecting an expo-style event where people are walking
> by and such. As I'll only have my laptop with me it would be more
> eye-catching if people could actually see a slideshow from a distance
> ;) I assume the answer is no based on the pictures from last year but
> I figured I double-check.
>
> Thanks,
> Tamas
>
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This looks fine.  I am copying Mihai Dontu on this thread since he (and
>>> most likely Andrei Lutas) will be representing Bitdefender @ FOSDEM.
>>> Can you share with him any logistics he may need to consider given we are
>>> jumping in late?
>> Apart from organising accommodation and travel there is no logistics. FOSDEM
>> is free and there is no registration.
>> Just bring what you need for the demo. Power will be available.
>> Also I have no problem if you wanted to hand out some swag.
>> Best Regards
>> Lars
>>
>> On 20 Jan 2015, at 18:14, Robert KRAUSS <rkrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Lars,
>>>
>>> This looks fine.  I am copying Mihai Dontu on this thread since he (and
>>> most likely Andrei Lutas) will be representing Bitdefender @ FOSDEM.  Can
>>> you share with him any logistics he may need to consider given we are
>>> jumping in late?
>>>
>>> Mihai, can you connect with Tamas, share notes and see what if anything we
>>> should consider prior to this weekend?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Robert

>>> 13:00                                       K (Level 1, Stand 21)   Lars
>>> Kurth