From: Ian Jackson [Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 December 2014 15:52
To: Lars Kurth
Cc: pgeorge@xxxxxxxxxx; wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Wg-test-framework] Server Array Update due to server
duplication.

Lars Kurth writes ("RE: [Wg-test-framework] Server Array Update due to server
duplication."):
> A one paragraph explanation for the delta and why we need more, would be good.

I'm afraid I'm going to leave it to you to summarise, but here is what
happened:

When Paul transferred my list of machine specifications, as I
presented in my selections.ods spreadsheet, into his Word document
listing all the specifications, there were some transcription errors.

The differences were:

 * Line Item #5 (line 6 of my selections.ods) had only one CPU instead
   of two on Paul's document.

 * Line Item #3 (line 4 of my selections.ods) was a PDF I got from
   Dell with a specific CPU, chipset, etc.  However in Paul's document
   had been replaced by a copy of Line Item #5.

(Line items #3 and #5 are both Dell r415 machines, but with different
configurations for cpu, chipset and so on.)

I didn't double-check all the detailed machine specifications in
Paul's document to see whether they corresponded to what I had asked
for.  Sorry about that.

Paul based his pricing quote on his document - that is, he based it on
quotes from his own suppliers for the machines in his document.

His suppliers helpfully noticed that we had two line items which were
identical, and helpfully didn't just go ahead with the order but
queried it.

Paul has now incorporated the information I supplied into quote
requests for his own supplier, and put the resulting information from
his supplier as amended items we're now calling Line Item 3A and 5A.

Because these machines are more sophisticated than the original 3 and
5, for which we were quoted, there is a price difference.

Legally speaking we are asking for the contract to be amended by
changing the specifications of some of the servers, and with a
corresponding change in price.

Thanks,