Re: [Wg-test-framework] linux 3.14.34 failure to detect disks on C600 storage controller

In re: Initialization order.  The initialization order is not `supposed` to
change.  The idea is that the automatic loading of modules is keyed by external
symbols.  When the kernel references a symbol in a module it loads the module
containing that symbol.  If that code is built in it just does the reference,
no need to do the module load.

Having said that notice the quotes.  Even if the order doesn't change there
will definitely be latency effects as it takes longer to get a module into
memory.  Theoretically modules are totally transparent.  In practice they can
bite you.

PS:  Two things about Linux that I've always hated - modules and initfs
(actually one thing, modules, since without modules we wouldn't need an
initfs).  I've always felt that it's open source, you have access to the source
by definition.  If you want to add something to the kernel recompile it,
there's no need to deal with binary blobs.  Yes, I realize that modules are a
god send for the distros but I still hate them.

PPS:  I guess I'm showing my age since I worked on Linux before it had module
support.  Pretty soon I'll be yelling at you whippersnappers to get off my lawn
:-)

--
Don Dugger