Re: [Wg-test-framework] oseleta reboot hang problem not fixed :-/ [and 1 more messages]

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: oseleta reboot hang problem not fixed :-/ [and 1 more
messages]"):
> It seems likely to me that the problem can be reproduced on the bench,
> too.  You will need some system on the same subnet that can be used to
> repeatedly initiate reboots.  Ideally it would watch for the machine
> to come up, but TBH you could probably time a couple of reboots and
> then driver it of a fixed timer.  If you don't know how to do the
> relevant automation, I'm sure Don Koch can advise.

I meant `drive it off a fixed timer'.

FYI the first 6 (ie the successful) reboots of oseleta1 took from
2015-04-30 10:40:03 Z to 2015-04-30 10:57:03 Z, ie 17 minutes, and the
timings seem very stable.  So in the colo network environment, it
takes about 170s.

If you boot these OS installs in a different network environment you
will probably find they take longer to come up because they will spend
some time waiting for ntp, dns etc., servers which are not available.