Re: [Wg-test-framework] Credativ COLO Maintenance and Web Real Estate contract for review (feedback needed before Oct 19th)

On 10/13/2015 7:01 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:

  * Phase 1 and 2 is about taking stock to lay the groundwork for the
    project (it amounts to about 26% of the contract sum)
  * For the ongoing maintenance, we assume that 2.5 days of effort per
    month are required (discounting any major new projects)
  * The contract covers a total of 38 days
  * It is structured in the first year, such that we have some
    flexibility: e.g.
      o Any hours not used in phase 1 and 2 carry over into maintenance
      o Any hours not used carry on into another year
      o We can use excess hours to set up a new rack in the COLO
      o We can buy additional hours
      o On-site work will be accounted for in 1.5 multiples of an hour
        (aka 1 hour on-site in the COLO will be counted as 1.5 hours).
        A remote hour, will be counted as 1 hour
      o We do get 6% discount, but it is predicated on a year's contract
  * 6 month before the contract ends, we need to decide whether to
    re-new it for another year. At this stage, we can re-set the
    amount of hours based on past track record.
  * After phase 1 & 2 work will be assigned through a ticketing system
    and we will get monthly reports on the balance of hours that re-main

Hi Lars,

Sounds OK to me.

The only draw-back is that Credativ are not HW re-sellers: they can help us with HW procurement and have some connections, but any effort spent would need to come out of the time budget. This is different from what we have done before.

I think there was an outstanding DELL system issue (oselata IIRC). Does this mean the triage effort or working with DELL support for this would count as extra hours?

Thanks,
-Aravind.