Re: [Wg-test-framework] Credativ COLO Maintenance and Web Real Estate contract for review (feedback needed before Oct 19th)

Aravind Gopalakrishnan writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Credativ COLO
Maintenance and Web Real Estate contract for review (feedback needed before Oct
19th)"):
> On 10/13/2015 7:01 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > The only draw-back is that Credativ are not HW re-sellers: they can
> > help us with HW procurement and have some connections, but any effort
> > spent would need to come out of the time budget. This is different
> > from what we have done before.
>
> I think there was an outstanding DELL system issue (oselata IIRC). Does
> this mean the triage effort or working with DELL support for this would
> count as extra hours?

Currently I am managing the relationship with Dell.  I think this has
got sufficiently far through that it involves details of how osstest
works and Credativ would be of limited help.  Currently it is with
Dell who are trying to repro the issue.  AFAICT it is a firmware bug.

If we have other problems with our existing machines we would indeed
have to ask Credativ to investigate.  We would have to ask them to
verify the hardware setup, derack the machine, and transport it to
All-Net, who are still our warranty provider for those machines.

For our next tranche of machines we will need to select our own
suppliers and configurations, perhaps with Credativ's help.