From: firemeteor.guo@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:firemeteor.guo@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of G.R.
Sent: 20 January 2017 02:15
To: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [win-pv-devel] How to diagnose windows domU hang on boot?

2017120 上午2:53"Paul Durrant" <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>写道:

Hi,

  Did you attempt to upgrade from GPLPV to the 8.1 drivers? That’s not a good idea since you could end up with multiple drivers attempting to talk to your VM’s storage (with the possibility of corrupting it). You need to make sure GPLPV drivers are completely removed and all networking and storage is emulated before attempting to install 8.1.

Thank you for your quick response, Paul.

The process I used for update is to uninstall all old PV drivers first and install new driver after rebooting into safe mode.(normal reboot gives me an BSOD, and safe mode is mandatory)

This flow looks fine to me. Do you see an issue here?(e.g. is the BSOD suspicious to you?)

  The best way to diagnose problems in the VM is to watch the qemu log in dom0. Assuming you are either using trad, or have enabled trace_log events in upstream qemu then you should see messages from the guest PV drivers appearing in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<vm name>.log. These messages should be enough to tell you whether the PV drivers have got stuck waiting for something.

I'm more used to the traditional qemu model, which generates some debug log by default as I attached in the other thread.(stubdom forces traditional qemu I think).

For qemu upstream, it's very quiet by default. Let me check around on how to enable the trace_log event you mentioned above.

Thanks again. will post back if something is really out of control.

  Paul