[Xen-devel] can't mount root... devfs???

Domain1 is now not booting anymore, and the boot console tells me it's because it can't mount /dev/sda7.

My config files says sda7 maps to /dev/sda7 eg:

disk = [ 'phy:sda7,sda7,w' ]
root = "/dev/sda7 ro"

My only thought is that maybe devfs is confusing the issue... eg there are no scsi devices so sda7 doesn't appear in /dev.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

thanks

James