[Xen-devel] 'Sloppier' PCI access checks in main tree

> As I read this, the module loader tried to run the vga bios and failed, as
> it could not get to the actual BIOS code? That's how it looks to me
> anyway.
>
> I have no idea: has anyone seen option rom access working under Xen? I
> have not, but I have not tried this recently. The VGA bios ROM is not
> accessible on my laptop, however.
>
> Does Xen currently allow a guest to set enable the option rom access and
> set the register (0x30 I think) for the option ram base address?

I've just checked in sloppoer PCI checking for 2.0-testing and
unstable trees. It should help for those drivers that need to monkey
with the base-address config registers (we had previously been
disallowing that). Really, applying any check finer-grained than
"should this domain be allowed to access this device?" is hard as
various drivers need to do all kinds of weird things with the
config-register space.

Hopefully this may help you get further in getting AGP to work on your
system!

 -- Keir