Re: [Xen-devel] 'Sloppier' PCI access checks in main tree

> sorry missed this email.
> i'm using 2.4.28. i'll try today, since i have to recompile my kernel
> anyway.

OK, that explains a lot. We might back-port the vm86 and full
/dev/mem support to 2.4, but its not high on the todo
list. Perhaps a volunteer from the audience will step up at this
point ? :-)

> reaction times on my system are anything but good (what
> performace loss should i expect if i use a file-backed vbd (and what
> fs is the most for those). also network seems pretty slow.

The performance loss using file-backed vbd's is typically pretty
small, but I do generally use LVM volumes. Our systems manage to
saturate gigabit Ethernet links no problem, so I'm surprised
you're seeing network slow downs. There have been reports about
IRQ problems causing slow downs on some systems, and we're
investigating.

Ian