Re: [Xen-devel] Bandwidth monitoring?

On 14 Jan 2005, at 00:49, Matt Ayres wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here currently uses a system to monitor total
traffic sent/received for each domain.

I'm using netflow, running all the tools in Domain 0. It's a combination of fprobe-ulog (netflow from iptables ULOG target), flow-capture, flowscan and CUFlow, and generates rrds per host/port/whatever. I'll distill the config down to something useful if anyone's interested.

Looking at solutions I have eliminated SNMP as a possible solution.
Even if the tunnel interface name were static, SNMP goes by the
interface id so after a reboot of the host server things would never
match up again.

At least Cricket has a way of dealing with interfaces changing instance number - you can just specify the interface name and it'll map it automatically.

Chris.