Re: [Xen-devel] (repeatable) cross-domain networking failure

> Also, let me add some more detail to my original report:
>
> 1. The networking fails after the 128th UDP packet received in dom0, even
> if I restart domU. Specifically:
>
>       - If I send one UDP packet from domU to dom0, shut down domU, and
>         start a fresh domU, then I can only send 127 (rather than
>         128) UDP packets from the new domU before networking will fail.
>
>       - If I shut down domU after the networking failure, and start a
>            new domU, networking between the new domU and dom0 does not
>            work.

This corroborates my intial guess that the backend driver (in DOM0) is
sending the packets into the DOM0 networking layer, and never hearing
back when the packet is freed. Normally this would trigger a response
to be sent back to the domU and resources in the backend driver would
get freed up. This isn't happening and you eventually hit a limit on
the number of packets that the driver will simultaneously put in
flight.

Either those UDP packets are queued up somewhere in the DOM0 network
stack, or the destructor callback is not getting called for some
reason or has got overwritten(!).

 -- Keir