Re: [Xen-devel] Windows...

Mark A. Williamson wrote:
Since there's VT code being integrated into Xen currently it seems reasonable to assume that when VT hardware comes out, Windows will Just Work (TM) but I don't know the concrete plans. I may be wrong...

Well, I think that even if Windows itself can run unmodified, there'd still need to be a virtual BIOS, virtual VGA device, virtual IDE controller, virtual NIC device, etc. They'd need to be emulations of real devices, at least they'd have to be availabe until drivers can be loaded (and written, of course) for Windows that can take over and bypass the emulated devices. So the support for Intel VT/AMD Pacifica is just the first step of many, really.

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx