RE: [Xen-devel] Xen on any linux

  • To: "Chris Schmidt" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:03:28 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:04:16 +0000

Xen
> on it, and still keep all my United Linux apps working, and the
Tarantella
> Server and Samba etc.  Or would I need to install a supported linux
> distro, the reinstall my United Linux on it?

In principle yes. Depends if your distro allows you to run recent 2.4
kernels, uses grub as boot loader and has a recent enough Python
installation.

How old is United Linux

Just give it a try and drop down the binary install. I shouldn't damage
your installations

rolf