Re: Fw: [Xen-devel] Xen on /. again

>>> Well domains are not aware of each other's memory usage, so I wouldn't have

>>> thought that allocation / exposing real page tables would matter.  (Except
>>> dom0 can of course see everything if it wants).
>>
>>Information about other domains' memory usage is leaked via the
>>hardware->physical mapping.
>
>Unprivileged domains cannot see each others hardware->physical mappings.

Oops - I read this originally as 'virtual->physical'. The MPT does indeed
currently allow domains to view each others hardware->physical mappings.
Replacing the single MPT with per-domain viewable sparse mapping structures
is possible though, albeit at a performance cost.  Full virt with VT-x also
eliminates this issue.

cheers,

S.