[Xen-devel] hdc: lost interrupt

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:08:07 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:10:07 +0000

I am seeing a kernel message, "hdc: lost interrupt", when running LTP on the xen0 domain. The first time I saw the 'kernel: hdc: lost interrupt' in /var/log/messages, I was running LTP on both xen0 and xenU domains. The xenU domain was totally hung at this point. Suspecting a setup error, I re-checked the installation and reran LTP on xen0 alone, without having anything running on xenU. Again, I saw the error. To rule out a hardware problem, I decided to run the same tests on a regular kernel from kernel.org (2.6.10) and on the RHEL 4 kernel from Red Hat, both of which ran without showing the error. I don't know what to make of it. I am not suspecting a hardware error since the message does not show up when running on non-xen kernels.

Setup
Platform: RHEL 4 Beta 3
Hw: IBM xSeries 200, with a 866Mhz Pentium III and 512MB RAM,
IDE drive: 00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)

The machine is not the most modern, but it has worked reliably.

Regards,

David Barrera