RE: [Xen-devel] Xen automated testing framework

> We're starting to work on an automated build and test tool for Xen,
> mainly for the purpose of conveniently allowing automated nightly
> testing so that bugs can be found and fixed quickly.

One thing we've found very useful is to periodically run a series of
benchmarks and record the results. We've found this to be really useful
in quickly tracking down a number of very subtle performance bugs that
have were accidently introduced that we would probably never have even
noticed without the benchmark data showing us things had got a couple of
percent slower.

Particularly useful benchmarks for this purpose are lmbench, ttcp and
dd.

It would be great if someone with spare machines could run these
benchmarks on the nightly snapshots and record the results. Running
various milestones since the 2.0 (or even 1.2) release would be good too
for comparison.

Thanks,
Ian