Re: [Xen-devel] agp and framebuffer (intelfb) - your milage may vary

Ian Pratt wrote:
with the patches/linux-2.6.9/{agpgart,drm}.patch patches applied
(shouldn't there be a symlink to linux-2.6.10?)

There's an argument that we should automatically apply these patches and
build AGP and DRM support as modules for our xen0 kernels. It would be
good to know which drivers have actually been tested and work.

Rik: did you have any luck feeding the agpgart and drm patches up
stream?

After applying the agp patch (apparently no drm patch in the unstable tree?), I have both kernel framebuffer and X with opengl running on my Intel-845G testbox. I am getting an ATI Radeon card one of these days, and will see if that works also.

I would like to link the domU framebuffer to an OpenGL surface in dom0. Is anyone working on something similar?

I suppose I need to set up an event channel for update notifications, and find a way of negotiating some shared memory between the domains.

Jacob