Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Auto rebind PCI devices

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:43:32PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:

> The behaviour is:
> * If the device specified in a domain config file is already bound to another
> driver in dom0, fail creation with an error - as before.
> * If the device specified in the config is not currently bound to a driver,
> add it to the pciback driver and create the domain.

That sounds very reasonable.

> * If the device specificed in the config is bound *and* pci-force-rebind is
> set, then unbind it from the existing driver and rebind it to pciback, then
> start the domain.

That sounds awkward. What's the use case you see in mind from stealing
devices from a domain while it's running?

For what it's worth, we'll be looking soon at creating IOMMU IO spaces
for devices automatically when they're granted to domains.

Cheers,
Muli
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda