RE: [Xen-devel] Call for Proposals : XenSummit #4, Yorktown NY

  • To: "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:43:34 -0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:43:30 -0800

> I would love to attend the summit, but the problem is that summit is
> too close. I believe that can be a problem for others as well. Usually
> we must have the plan in advance few months before, and it also takes
> time to arrange the working schedule for the trip.

Sorry about that. Things firmed up rather late for this summit (mostly
my fault, sorry).

> A question: are we going to have a summit around OLS or sometimes in
> the summer? That would be helpful to know it, so we can prepare from
> now.

I expect we'll organize another 'mini summit' afternoon get-together at
OLS, but not a full summit. It's been suggested that holding a Xen
Summit in Cambridge (UK) in September around the time of the Linux
kernel summit would be a good idea. It's certainly convenient for me,
but I know its hard for many US-based folk to get permission to travel
outside North America. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ian