RE: [Xen-devel] Issues with multiple differing guest HZ rates?

Hi Chris --

We've noticed that a 100Hz RHEL5-64bit kernel (compiled 100 HZ, not
divider=10) has less clock skew with timer_mode=0 than with
timer_mode=2.  This would be the only such we've found for
a 64-bit kernel and this is worrisome because it complicates
the selection algorithm for setting timer_mode.  In our clock skew
tests, we run six 2vcpu 2GB guests on a 8pcpu 16GB system; this
was the only guest with 100Hz tick, all the rest are 1000Hz.
timer_mode=2 works fine if that guest is 1000Hz.

We'll continue to investigate but Alan's comment in that patch
was intriguing enough to ask for more info.

Thanks,
Dan