Re: [Xen-devel] XEN special debug information

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 23:18 +0100, Lil Evil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ve been trying to get some information out of xen for a while now.
> unfortunately, I failed so far.
> I want to do some virtual hard disk write analysis and therefor would need
> xen to return me the LBA of the sector written.
> If been looking into the source code blkback/blkfront, but I have
> difficulties identifying the write function.
> Could anybody kindly point me into the right direction?

blkif is rather well documented in xen/include/public/io/blkif.h

Did you find this this already?

It's comparatively simple. A request message carries a number of
segments, each segment a range of sectors (up to 8 x 512 == 4096, i.e. a
page size, therefore the format).

The type of operation is either read or write, encoded in the request.

Daniel

--
Daniel Stodden
LRR     -      Lehrstuhl fÃr Rechnertechnik und Rechnerorganisation