[Xen-devel] RFC: Still TODO for 4.2?

What are the outstanding things to do before we think we can start on
the 4.2 -rc's? Does anyone have a timetable in mind?

hypervisor:

      * ??? - Keir, Tim, Jan?

tools:

      * libxl stable API -- we would like 4.2 to define a stable API
        which downstream's can start to rely on not changing. Aspects of
        this are:
              * event handling (IanJ working on this)
              * drop libxl_device_model_info (move bits to build_info or
                elsewhere as appropriate) (IanC working on this, patches
                shortly)
              * add libxl_defbool and generally try and arrange that
                memset(foo,0,...) requests the defaults (IanC working on
                this, patches shortly)
              * The topologyinfo datastructure should be a list of
                tuples, not a tuple of lists. (nobody currently looking
                at this, not 100% sure this makes sense, could possibly
                defer and change after 4.2 in a compatible way)
              * Block script support -- can be done post 4.2?
      * Hotplug script stuff -- internal to libxl (I think, therefore I
        didn't put this under stable API above) but still good to have
        for 4.2? Roger Pau Monet was looking at this but its looking
        like a big can-o-worms...
      * Integrate qemu+seabios upstream into the build (Stefano has
        posted patches, I guess they need refreshing and reposting). No
        change in default qemu for 4.2.
      * More formally deprecate xm/xend. Manpage patches already in
        tree. Needs release noting and communication around -rc1 to
        remind people to test xl.

Has anybody got anything else? I'm sure I've missed stuff. Are there any
must haves e.g. in the paging/sharing spaces?

Ian.